The Zeno-Starbucks Problem
12 Sep 2013 18:00
Or, “Why are there so many Starbucks?”
Although Starbucks only actually has ~800 stores in the uk1, I seem to come across them more than one would expect. I've often wondered why, and this is my current theory:
- In order to get to the coffee meet with my friends, I have to travel to Starbucks.
- Ugh. I hate travelling. I hate Starbucks. If I get halfway, and stop for a coffee, I can do this!
- Hmmm...there's a Starbucks about half way. Stop off there.
- But that's still pretty far...
- Hmm...I could stop for another coffeee...
- Goto 3.
- 1 ↑ http://www.loxcel.com/sbux-faq.html